Welcome to St Johns
- Covid Plan B Update: After the Prime Minister's announcement to move England to Covid Plan B, we want to assure everyone that we are following the Government's and the Church of England's guidance.
- We are again called to the importance of taking good care of one another and we are committed to that here at St John's.
- St John's remains open as normal and all of our Services are going ahead as planned.
- Face coverings are now mandatory (unless exempt) and we will continue to have the doors open to maintain good ventilation. We will not be using the NHS Covid Pass (but do encourage a Lateral Flow test before coming along to a service). We ask that everyone wears a mask when singing and respect the social distancing wants of others. We offer two options (over and above NHS Track & Trace) for being updated on cases of Covid in those at our services - we advise in our weekly newsletter or you can register (per service) for an individual (and speedier) update. More on our current arrangements page.
- The Christmas Edition of our Parish Magazine has now been released and can be viewed here.
We are again mainly in-Church, with some services online as well; our regular service pattern includes: ♦ 8am Communion on Sundays ♦ 9:30am Parish Eucharist on Sundays which is also live-streamed using YouTube (our Calendar entry has the details), followed by Coffee Time; on the first Sunday of the Month, it is usually an All Age Service ♦ Once a month we have a short family friendly service at 4pm on a Sunday (our Calendar has dates) ♦ Mid Week Communion is at 10:30am on Wednesdays ♦ Morning Prayer is Mondays to Thursdays at 9:30am; it is also on Zoom on Tuesdays ♦ Evening Prayer is Mondays to Thursdays at 5pm in Church ♦ Church is open every day during the day time ♦ Online content includes: Christmas edition of our Parish Magazine | YouTube Channel ♦ Get updates through our Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram.
See our Calendar for details; highlights include:
- Sunday 9:30am Parish Eucharist, followed by 'Zoom' Coffee
- Morning & Evening prayer Mon/Thu at 8:30am/5pm
- Holy Communion Wed at 11am
St John’s Church, Harpenden is a friendly, Anglican church set on the edge of the Common in the Southdown area of Harpenden. We have a fairly traditional but relaxed style of worship, and our all-age worshipping community aims to live out and share God’s love with those around us. We offer a warm welcome to all, and our website sets out the services and activities that take place at St John’s.